Hi, my name is Mike McCready and I'm the Web & Social Media Strategist at Lethbridge College.
I have over 12 years experience in the digital space. I have a solid understanding of working with government and other public sector institutions. The last 4 years have been focused on social media, online marketing, blogging, and web strategies. I would love to share my experience and knowledge with others.
I provide social media training and consulting to individuals, non-profits, small businesses, governments and more.
Mike McCready's Background
Mike McCready's Experience
Web Services Manager at Lethbridge College
August 2008 - May 2011
Provided strategic planning and developed a new vision for the Lethbridge College public website. This process involved introducing concepts of user experience design, wireframing, online marketing, web analytics, social communications and more. Managed an annual budget of $170K and a redesign project budget of $305K.
Increased the number of information requests 321% in the first year of the new website.
Introduced Google Adwords which have accounted for 1281 information requests since the launch of the new website.
Received a bronze award in the 2011 CASE VIII awards for the new website.
Web Developer at Alberta Distance Learning Centre
February 2006 - August 2008
- Redesigned and migrated main web site to the Joomla CMS.
- Developed and delivered a Dreamweaver training program to teachers.
- Provided support and technical guidance in the administration of our LMS.
- Developed an âOnline Course Development Standardsâ document for teachers and contractors.
- Provided technical support and advice to teachers, students and administrators.
- Prepared an analysis document that lead to the move of our LMS to a dedicated hosting facility which will provide increased up-time for staff and students.
Parks Web Coordinator at Alberta Parks
1999 - 2006
- Managed numerous external and internal web sites with over four million hits per year.
- Developed design standards for divisional web and print products.
- Communicated verbally and in written form to staff and the general public regarding web issues.
- Supervised a web assistant and practicum students to ensure standards were adhered to, managed workflow and offered technical and creative direction.
- Provided web statistics analysis to management.
Web & Social Media Strategist at Lethbridge College
Provide leadership, mentoring and strategic direction with regards to social media and digital technologies. This involves researching and assessing the viability of new technologies, developing measurable e-marketing strategies, coordinating activities of social media users and providing training and consultation services to internal and external clients.
Developed and manage the social media program which includes policy development, training implementation and governance. This program currently governs over 20 areas on campus.
Increased fan base on our Facebook page by 33% and monthly fan engagement by 969%
Optimized Google Adwords marketing program which resulted in 47% decrease in ad spend while increasing goal completions by 5%.
Web Marketing Consultant at Mike McCready
Providing companies insight into best practices for web marketing including social media, web analytics, landing page optimization, blogging, etc.
Mike McCready's Education
Lethbridge Community College
1997 – 1999
Bachelor of Professional Arts
Concentration: Communication Studies